In 1837 Tiffany & Co. was founded by Charles Tiffany and John Young in New York City as a "stationery and fancy goods emporium", the store initially sold a wide variety of stationery items. It was not until 1853 when Charles Tiffany took control that the company began an emphasis on fine jewelry. Their ornaments, like their jewelry, are of the utmost quality and are highly sought after by collectors. Please note ornaments listed are estate items and not new from the manufacture.